Expert Review Panels (ERPs) are responsible for reviewing one or more domains in the Toolkit and for making recommendations to keep, update, retire, or replace measures. They also consider responses from community outreach and document the measures considered, the rationale for inclusion or exclusion, and identify any gaps in the domain. All ERP recommendations are vetted with the research community and approved by the PhenX Steering Committee (SC) before they are added to the Toolkit.
Information about the changes implemented by the ERP can be found in the "Process and Review" section of the protocol page. Definitions of ERP terms are available in the Glossary of PhenX Terms and Acronyms. Protocols that have been updated, replaced or retired are available on the Archived Measures and Protocols page.
The SC has recommended that ERPs review domains in the following order: :
- Anthropometrics, Physical Activity and Physical Fitness, Nutrition and Dietary Supplements, Diabetes
(Completed Oct. 1, 2015)
- Demographics, Environmental Exposures, Social Environments (Completed May 31, 2016)
- Substance Abuse and Addiction, Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Substances
- Psychiatric, Neurology, Psychosocial
- Reproductive Health
- Speech and Hearing
- Oral Health
- Infectious Diseases, and Immunity
- Skin, Bone, Muscle and Joint
Funding for ERPs is provided by the Genomic Resource Grant (U41) awarded by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) to RTI International in July 2013.